For each speech, follow the Outline Page.
- Speech #1 - "Any Old Bag Will Do" Speech (2 minutes) Worth 50 points.
- Speech #2 - Extemporaneous Demonstration Speech (4-5 minutes), with a visual aid and
Outline. Worth 100 points.
- Speech #3 - Extemporaneous
Informative Speech (4-6 minutes) with a visual aid and Outline; cannot be a
demonstration; otherwise, topic of student's choice. Worth 100 points.
- Speech #4 - Extemporaneous
Persuasive speech using the Monroe Motivated Sequence of Persuasion
(4-6 minutes), with a visual aid and Outline; topic of student's choice. Worth 100 points
- Speech #5 - Informative or
persuasive speech (5-7 minutes) with two visual aids and Outline; topic of student's choice. Worth 150 points
- *For each speech, the Outline,
complete with all specified information -- including copies of title pages of Documented Sources, must be in the folder. The speaker's folder will be given to the instructor as the speaker goes to the lectern. Speech topics of student's choise must follow the topic-selection criteria for speaker, audience, and situation analysis. Visual aids must be used with all speeches.
Students will complete a self evaluation and a set of peer evaluations for each speech.
[ Main Page | Topics Page | Outline Page | Speech Evaluation Form ]